Sample Collection Instructions
- Use only the materials in this kit.
- Take test at least 30 minutes after eating or drinking.
- Do not touch the tips of the swabs.
- Do not use Q-TipsⓇ or other household swabs.
If your test kit or any of its contents look damaged, or if you need help taking your test, please call +1-855-6RECURO.
Remove one swab from its package.
- Tear open the package from the bottom and slide out one swab. Hold it by its plastic shaft.
- Please DO NOT touch the tip of the swab.
Rub the swab back and forth against the inside of your cheek, about 30 times.
- While you rub the swab, turn the plastic shaft.
- This will ensure the entire tip is covered with cells from your cheek.
Place the swab you just used into the small clear envelope.
- But don’t seal the envelope yet!
Remove the second swab from its package. Rub the tip against the inside of your other cheek.
- Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 with your other cheek.
- Remember, DO NOT touch the tip of the swab with your fingers.
Place the second swab into the small clear envelope. Seal the clear envelope.
- Check to make sure there are now 2 swabs in the small clear envelope.
- DO NOT place the gel pack or anything else in the small clear envelope.
- Seal the small clear envelope by taking off the protective strip.
- Push the flap down and press firmly. The flap is sticky and should seal tightly.
Place the small, clear envelope containing your 2 swabs into the return mailer. Place the silica gel packet in the return mailer (but not in the clear envelope). Seal the mailer by removing the protective strip.
Place the prepaid return mailer in your mailbox or drop it off at a nearby USPS location today for return shipping to the lab.