How Recuro Primary Care Helps Manage Chronic Conditions & Physical Aging
We’re all getting older. Aging can bring changes to our bodies and minds, and chronic conditions become a more significant concern. However, the good news is that Recuro offers an inclusive Primary Care solution that enables our patients with tangible support to reduce their risk of developing chronic conditions.
Understanding Chronic Conditions:
The first step in the process is understanding what are chronic conditions? A chronic condition is a health issue that requires ongoing medical attention and lasts for more than a year or limits daily activities. Leading chronic conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, are the primary causes of death and disability in the United States.
Know Your Family’s History:
Genetics and environmental factors can play a significant role in chronic conditions. If you have a family history of certain chronic conditions, it’s important to share this information with your primary care doctor. Scheduling a Health Risk Assessment on the Recuro app is a crucial step in identifying preventable diseases. Recuro physicians can then work with you to detect, prevent, or manage these conditions early.
Managing Chronic Conditions:
If you already have a chronic condition, we offer care and support for conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and weight management.
5 Healthy Habits to Reduce Chronic Condition Risk:
- Regular Checkups: Prevention is often the best medicine. Regular checkups, including annual wellness exams with your Recuro Primary Care doctor, are crucial. These checkups help detect conditions early, sometimes before you experience symptoms. Early detection improves your chances of managing or even reversing conditions.
- Healthy Eating: Your body thrives on a diet of healthy foods and beverages. Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables, staying hydrated, choosing lean proteins, consuming calcium-rich foods, and opting for whole grains can significantly reduce your risk of certain conditions.
- Quality Sleep: Adequate, quality sleep is essential for your overall well-being. Lack of healthy sleep has been linked to chronic diseases and conditions like depression, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Adults should aim for seven to nine hours of sleep per night.
- Avoid Tobacco and Limit Alcohol: Smoking and tobacco use raise the risk of various health issues, including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Limiting alcohol consumption can also reduce your risk of certain conditions.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity is key to maintaining good health. Incorporate both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities into your routine. Aerobic activities can include walking and biking, while muscle-strengthening exercises target major muscle groups. Before starting a new exercise regimen, consult your doctor to ensure it’s safe.
Aging Well with Recuro Health:
Recuro Primary Care (https://recurohealth.com/virtual-primary-care/) is here to support your overall well-being. We provide easy access to care, and our team is dedicated to helping you age well. Take the first step and schedule your appointment today: https://member.recurohealth.com/.