Moving from a Pandemic to an Endemic
While Americans are transitioning back to pre-pandemic life, employers and their safety teams are focused on how to adjust to an endemic and being prepared to keep their employees safe from anything that may come. This includes a resurgence of COVID-19, the possibility of Omicron subvariants, along with the emergence of other compelling digital health solutions.
Employers are reevaluating their health and safety protocols and adjusting workplace guidance based on shifting risk levels, cases and vaccination metrics across their locations (1). Many companies are moving forward with their own policies as the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to unfold.
Recuro actively works with large employers to better mitigate their risk and manage the health of their population. Preventive measures that are being evaluated and adjusted, depending on the employer’s location, percentage vaccinated employees and their specific protocol, include:
- Masks being made optional but are encouraged (2)
- Temperature checks are moving away in low-risk locations
- Testing still required for meetings, office entry / exit, travel, on-site vendors, customers, events and special circumstance employees
- Vaccine booster awareness: “About 78% of people in the United States have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 66.5% are fully vaccinated. Of those who are fully vaccinated, [only] 46.4% have received a booster and are considered up to date.” (3)
- Ensure OTC employee performed Covid tests are properly read without the expense of proctoring, saving false negative reports, unintentional costly outbreaks and negatively impacting the perception of a “safe workplace”
- Moving towards a multiplex (Flu A, B and covid test) as they become available
- Remaining robustly prepared for today’s surge (4) and surges in the fall and winter
- Enhancing communication channels and reporting capabilities for single point test, vaccine booster, and care access
- Many employers are moving toward more digital health solutions to support their employees (5)
More detailed safety protocols have quickly become normalized and are now expected by employees. Software, compliance and at-home COVID-19 tests are still critical tools in helping employers safely, efficiently and proactively manage this pandemic.
Trend towards broader Virtual Digital Health Solutions
Two years of COVID-19 severely strained clinical resources and revealed a shortage of providers and other vulnerabilities of the healthcare system. COVID-19 served as a catalyst that recognized a need for remote care that spawned a new generation of innovative solutions to challenges and barriers to care.
Recuro delivers proactive, personalized digital health solutions, connecting employees to providers with on-demand access to in-demand health services for a convenient “virtual first” experience. Virtual care, including Virtual Primary Care, is helping keep workplaces safe and healthy with home-based testing, as well as real-time longitudinal access to fully integrated holistic care, safety and compliance for covid and beyond.
We’ve made it easy to protect the health and safety of your workforce and can help you think through how you can move towards an endemic environment. Please visit www.recurohealth.com and contact us at [email protected] for additional information.
About Recuro Health:
Recuro is an integrated digital health solutions company with a uniquely personalized, holistic and proactive approach to virtual health. Recuro’s Digital Medical Home™ enables easy connectivity to virtual care, including primary and urgent care, behavioral health, at-home lab testing, genomics testing, as well as a suite of supplemental benefits spanning pharmacy, care management and care navigation all on one platform. www.recurohealth.com.